Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Fishing at E-Rock

I went camping at Enchanted Rock Sunday night and my parents let me fish in the creek and puddles. I forgot my net and someone took my fishing pole out of the car so my sister and I fished with buckets. I found newborn crawfish, big giant nests of crawfish. I caught tadpoles, a huge one and one with back legs. I caught a couple of tiny tadpoles in my hands. I caught a tiny frog and a couple of minnows. It was the best creek ever and I wanted to stay all day, but we had a long drive home and my dad had to carry me out of the water, crying. This is my family's favorite park so maybe we can go back really soon!

My dad showed me how to hold this big guy so he wouldn't pinch me.If you look in the puddles at night with a headlamp you can see the neatest critters.